So I've finally decided to do this blogging thing....hopefully I'll be able to keep up. I've never been one to journal at all - never kept one as a child (that I remember) - and several attempts over the years have never materialized - I'd start one and then just give up after a few posts. So I've decided to try and do it this way! I figure it's the best way to stay in touch with family and friends - a great way to share what's going on with us on a daily (or weekly) basis. Hopefully I'll be successful!
So here we are on the 28th of August - can't believe summer is almost gone. Thanks to the remnants of Tropical Storm Fay we received about 4-5 inches of rain in the last 3 days - enough to make a "slight" dent in our drought here in the Upstate. Don't get me wrong - I'm definitely not complaining about the rain - we need it so badly - our lake here (Lake Hartwell) is down about 15 feet and they're talking about lowering it another couple of feet!
Nothing exciting planned for today - Owen took Hannah to school this morning - hard to believe she's a fourth grader - even harder to believe that she'll be 9 on Saturday!!! Where has the time gone??? Patrick's off today and tomorrow due to 1st grade reading/comprehension testing - he took his test yesterday so he gets to stay home for the next 2 days. I've been working hard this week on my consulting cases so I hope to spend some time scrapbooking today - Patrick loves to go upstairs with me and paint or play with Play-doh....I think we're definitely planning some "upstairs time" today.
Off I go - thanks for checking in! Hugs!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
-
This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network.
My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing
it t...
6 years ago
3 comments:
Glad to see you enter the blog world!
I'm glad you're blogging too! Can Hannah really be in 4th grade already? And Patrick in 1st? I can't believe it! It seems like just a few months ago that Patrick was cleaning your floor with his little vacuum. :)
Cool blog thing. Never done it, but it's a great way to keep up with you. Hannah looks so mature!!!
Post a Comment