And I missed it! What you're probably asking....Patrick's first soccer goal! And I missed it! Why? I was at home nursing a badly bruised (or broken) tailbone! I was playing tennis Thursday and fell right on my behind on the hard court - by the time Thursday night came around I could barely sit! I feel so bad that I missed Patrick's first soccer goal - this is his 4th year playing (he's been at this since he was 3) - and he's been overdue....and I missed it! :(
That was almost 2 weeks ago and I'm slowly but surely recovering from my fall - my "posterior" still bothers me a bit - especially if I try and run on the court - so I haven't played in almost 2 weeks - missed matches last Monday and today but my hope is that by staying off the court I'll be ready to play by next Monday when we play a pretty tough team - a win against them would be great!
That also meant I couldn't play in our team's State Tournament in Charleston, SC last weekend (13th/14th). I went along for the ride so to speak - and watched Owen play with another member from our team - we have more women than men on the team so it actually worked out fine for me not to play. Owen played a great match Saturday morning - he and his partner were the only winners Sat morning. Then they had to play again Saturday afternoon - they didn't do as well then but it was 95% with 96% humidity - talk about melting in the sun! We ended up not playing on Sunday - they didn't have us playing until 3:30 in the afternoon and we had to be back in Anderson to get the kids. Even though we didn't win it was fun spending the weekend in Charleston. Hard to believe that in all the years I lived in Savannah I only made it to Charleston a few times - and never spent the night there.
So our big trip to the "State Finals" in Charleston is over - it was a fun experience - and we saw some really great tennis. Owen just found out his men's league team may get a wild card bid this fall for State - wonder where we'll be heading next?
Time to get Hannah from gymnastics - hope to see you soon!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
-
This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network.
My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing
it t...
6 years ago
1 comment:
I hope you're feeling better. My bum foot and your bum "bum" ... we're a mighty pair. See, we should just be scrapbooking. It's much safer. :)
Post a Comment