Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Good Intentions

So that was mine when I started this blog - that I would keep up every day or so - posting about our day to day happenings for family (and friends) to read - but it just didn't happen last week. And if it hadn't rained here today it probably wouldn't have happened this week either!

But thanks to some much needed rain here in Anderson my tennis clinic and practice were cancelled. So here I am at home with a free morning (not that I don't have laundry or some type of cleaning I can do around here!) - so I'm setting aside this time right now to update the blog :)

Last week was very busy - although looking back now I'm not really sure why it was so busy! Monday was Labor Day - Owen was off work, Hannah & Patrick were out of school. Patrick stayed home with his daddy that day (until they went dove hunting in the afternoon) - and I took Hannah shopping in Greenville - I took her to her favorite store...The Limited Too...to do some birthday shopping :)

Tuesday the kids went back to school. They've really settled into a routine (thank goodness). Tuesday night was Patrick's soccer practice - he's really looking forward to playing this year - and his play is definitely not as tentative as it has been in past years!



Love this one too of him sitting on his ball - they had to chase each other around dribbling the ball and if they had their ball stolen by the one who didn't have a ball they had to sit on their ball :)




And not to be outdone Hannah had to get out there and play with her daddy!




On Sunday Owen played a match in his men's doubles league - the guys they played against were better than they appeared on paper - but it was a good game to watch. Owen and his partner came back in the 2nd set to even the match but the other team won the third set. Caught these pictures of Owen and his partner playing:




Monday night Patrick had his first soccer game - and I love his colors this year - in previous years he's had silver, royal blue and burgundy with black uniforms. This year it's bright yellow with black - which happens to be the colors of the local high school (Hannah High School) - so the team is called the Yellow Jackets! Here's Patrick on opening night!




I think that has us about caught up :) We're heading to Charleston this weekend to compete in the State Championships for our mixed doubles team - Owen and I played on a male/female team this summer and we had the most points for our league - so we're heading to State! It will be pretty exciting I think - we're playing at the complex where the Family Circle Cup is played each year!

Off to eat some lunch then to get the kids home and get homework done - we have soccer practice and gymnastics tonight and Owen's men's league has their practice tonight. Tomorrow I head to Greenville to play a tennis match as well!

No comments: