Owen was out the door at 6am with Patrick in tow to go deer hunting - thank goodness it wasn't in the 20's this morning! They should be home in another hour or so....then we'll start preparing the Christmas Eve dinner. I picked up a very nice Standing Rib Roast yesterday and I can't wait to try the rub I saw on a recent episode of "Tyler's Ultimate" on food network. The rub is made of Kosher salt, horseradish, rosemary, garlic and olive oil. Yummy! I'm also preparing creamed spinach, mashed potatoes and creamed pearl onions (I'm making just about everything from that episode!). Then we'll settle down for a quiet evening (what else can you do after a meal like that!). It's become our Christmas Eve tradition since moving to South Carolina - we make a Rib Roast and fixin's for dinner.
Tomorrow after opening presents we'll head out to Spartanburg to spend the day with Owen's side of the family. We'll be heading to Savannah to "do" Christmas there on New Year's day. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend coming up!Wishing you guys all the best this holiday! Merry Christmas to all our friends and families! And if you stop by please be sure and leave a comment! It's easy to register and there's no charge! We'd love to know you've been here!
I'm going to share some photos of our favorite ornaments!
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
Those fish ornaments are so cute! Merry Christmas to you all!
Post a Comment