Woke up yesterday with a headache - thought coffee (caffeine) would do the trick but of course it didn't work. Called Walgreen's automated number and refilled my meds and went to pick them up after taking the kids to school. Of course they don't open until 8am :(. So it was about 8:15 when I took my first dose. By then the nausea hit and that was all she wrote. I spent most of the day in misery....my meds took so long to kick in but when they finally did what relief. So, from now on do not let your migraine meds run out!
Thanksgiving was wonderful (hope yours was too!) - lots of family in to visit. Owen's mom and 2 of 4 sisters were here with their families. Also his Dad and Stepmom. My sister and her family came in later in the day - so at one time we had about 16 people here. But all was good - great food, conversation and a little tennis thrown in Thurs afternoon - that was so we wouldn't feel so guilty about all the food we ate!
And Thursday morning a much anticipated new member of our holiday family made his appearance:
Skipper (an "Elf on a Shelf") came to our family last year about 2 weeks before Christmas (wish I had learned about him earlier). For those of you unfamiliar with the "Elf on a Shelf" - you purchase your elf and go online to register him - and you pick his name. Hannah & Patrick chose "Skipper". Skipper has special powers - he watches you throughout the day then reports back to Santa each night. You can talk to Skipper but you can't touch him - that will cause him to loose his special powers. Anyway Skipper leaves each night after we're in bed and heads back to the North Pole. The kids love getting up each morning to see where in the house Skipper has returned to - he gets pretty creative sometimes!
Last year on Christmas (when Skipper should return to the North Pole until next year) Hannah & Patrick left a note for Santa asking if Skipper could stay until New Year's because we had only had him a few weeks. Of course Santa left a note saying Skipper could stay but had to return to the North Pole on New Year's Eve.
We had this conversation on Halloween:
Patrick: Do you know what holiday comes next?
Me: Yes, it's Thanksgiving.
Patrick & Hannah: And you know what Thanksgiving means?
Me: That we'll be having lots of family for lunch??? (had no idea at the time where this was going!)
Patrick & Hannah: That means Skipper's coming back!!
Me: Thanks for reminding me! How could I forget!!
So, Skipper has returned to the Murry household!
Nothing else exciting happening here - now that I'm feeling much better I am going to get started on the cookies I need to make for the neighborhood cookie exchange. I'm making Peppermint Biscotti again this year - I'll share the recipe....they're very easy to make and very yummy - especially with some coffee!
I'm going to share one more picture - Monday we had a few sprinkles of frozen precipitation. Shows up really good on Owen's dark sleeves! There has been alot of snow in the mountains - the kids are just dying for it to snow here.....and I must admit I'm looking forward to a snow day as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment