We went to dinner at an "Asian Fusion" restaurant that we'd heard alot about....it was pretty good. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 - wasn't the absolute best place I've ever been but it certainly wasn't the worst. The appetizers were what did it though - they were mediocre at best. We ordered a sushi appetizer with King Crab, Kobe Beef (felt like if we were ever gonna taste it we should order it), avocado, etc. It was pretty good - but not outstanding. And for the price ($20) I felt like it should have been outstanding! The second appetizer was a seaweed salad (which we love) topped with ahi tuna - we were expecting sliced tuna - but it came ground up (WTH??) - and actually looked like the fanciest cat food I'd ever seen! Don't remember it being described as "ground" in the description, LOL. It was pretty spicy - which Owen doesn't do - but I tried it. It was so-so - I mean again, for the price we paid I thought it should have been the best tuna I'd ever eaten.
So on to the entrees - these were outstanding! I got sea scallops seared and served on a proscuitto risotto (to die for!!) and Owen got a wasabi/honey crusted salmon with wasabi mashed potatoes that was also very yummy - you got just a bit of heat from the wasabi - not nearly as overpowering as the spice in the appetizer! Here's a picture of my scallops:

For desert I had just coffee and Owen chose a Carmelized Pineapple Upside Down cake - which I tasted :). Also very yummy!

Funny - I don't remember Owen's desert having a flower on it :)
Here's Owen and Patrick walking down what used to be the boat ramp.
When the lake is at it's normal levels Hannah and Patrick would be under water! The "old timers" who have always lived around here said one rainy season should fill it back up. Evidently there was a bad drought back in the early '80s - the level was very low (although not as low as it is now). Scientists were saying it would take at least 5 years for the lake to be back at normal levels. Then they had a really wet spring and it only took a few months. Hopefully we'll have some wetter weather in our future - the low lake levels make it really hard to enjoy the lake - most of the public boat ramps are closed because they're out of the water :(.
Well - that's all for now - I need to do some work (I have a few new cases to work on) and I *think* I hear the kids stirring. Time for some more coffee and breakfast :)
Hugs to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment