Monday, January 19, 2009

A Great Weekend!

Lots of fun here in the Upstate of SC. My sister Cindy and her family arrived Friday evening just in time for chicken nachos and chili - the perfect comfort food for temperatures in the teens and twenties! Saturday was an errand day - and a day for making sure that we had everything we needed for snow tubing on Sunday - making sure everyone had bibs, jackets, long underwear, boots, gloves, scarves and hats - that's alot of stuff for 4 adults and 4 kids! Owen's nephew Austin headed over from Atlanta to go with us - he had never been snow tubing before - I think he had a great time!

We went tubing at Scaly Mountain - it's about 2 hours Northwest of us - just over the GA/NC border. Yes in 2 hours we travelled from SC to GA to NC. It's up there in that corner where NC/SC/GA and TN all meet. Anyway, about the time we got near Clayton, Georgia it was really snowing! Some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen! Here's a picture of Owen standing outside the McDonald's where we stopped for a potty break:



Here's a shot of Austin - you can really see how big the flakes are:



After a slow trip up the mountain (a 10-15 minute trek took us about 30 mins) we were at Scaly Mountain ready to go. Love the look here of the snow in the trees!



And here's some cool photos of us tubin' down the mountain!



Above is Cindy, Nicole, Patrick, Owen and Andrew all coming down together - looks like they got a little separated.

What a ham! Love how blue his eyes look!

Me and Patrick :)



This is Patrick, Austin and Owen - I think this was one of their first runs down the mountain.





Gotta love this one of Erica - finally I got a great picture of her!



Patrick's not having any fun is he! Love the look of pure joy on his face. Oh - GO DAWGS!







Owen tubing - he's just coming over the big hill.



And just because I like the trees so much here's another one!






Here's a great picture of Nicole...






Sorry for all the pictures - but I just had to share! Cindy & Andrew left about an hour or so ago - so I'm picking things up here - then I'm getting ready for our own round of snow showers. We're supposed to have snow here in Anderson later today, tonight and into tomorrow with about a 1 inch accumulation. Hopefully I'll have some more snow pics to share tomorrow.

Oh - all the pictures were taken with my awesome new camera - the Nikon D60 and my new Sigma zoom lens! LOVE IT!!!

Hugs to all!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

We had sooo much fun! Can't wait for next year!

Pics turned out great!

Love always,
Cindy