2 weeks ago this weekend we had six inches of snow. This past week we set records for highs in the 80's. This weekend's weather? Rain Fri/Sat/Sun and into Mon with highs only in the 40's! Crazy weather I tell you! Although I refuse to be upset about the rain since we are in a "Extreme" drought situation - you'll have to look back to October to see the pictures of what Lake Hartwell looks like when it's level is down around 25 feet. Sure would be nice to see some more water in our Lake!
Patrick has his baseball tryouts on Saturday - those look like they're going to be rained out. Owen also has a tennis match Saturday afternoon - guess that will be rained out as well. Hopefully our match Monday morning won't be rained out. I haven't been released to play tennis yet - I don't go back to see the doctor until 4/21 - but I'm hoping she'll let me start playing after that visit. I just need to play in one more match - our team is #2 only 6 games behind the #1 spot - and I would LOVE to go to State - but I have to play at least 2 games to play at State....it will kill me if our team went and I didn't get to play. Some of you may remember when that happened this past summer - our mixed doubles team (male/female) went to State and I broke my tailbone in a fall 2 days before our State matches started.
The kids are out of school today and Monday - they were supposed to go Monday to make up the snow day - but now they're out. The school district is hoping a bill will pass the Senate today that will allow them to not have the kids make up snow days - this will allow them to furlough teachers for those days and save money. If the bill doesn't pass they will have to make this day up on June 8th - frankly, I'd rather them go to school this Monday and take June 8th off!
I was talking to the mother of one of Hannah's gym mates and she was telling me that her daughter is going to Gym Camp at UGA in Athens this summer. Didn't know they had one. Hannah would love to be an honorary "Gym Dawg" - so I checked it out. I think we're going to carpool to the camp in late June - Athens is only 60 miles from here - what a great opportunity that would be for her!
Off to start the day and get my second "urn" of coffee (as Owen calls my oversized coffee cups) - Hannah and I are headed out to get our hair cut and shop for some new shoes - and whatever else we might find.
I hope you have a wonderful day!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
-
This Saturday is a brand new episode of “Home Sweet Home” on Food Network.
My kids are helping me shoot it, my production company in the UK is editing
it t...
6 years ago
1 comment:
What an awesome opportunity for Hannah.
How did the dr's appt go?
Post a Comment