Wednesday, April 1, 2009

11 Days??!!

Has it really been that long since I last blogged! Sorry guys! Not that there's a billion people who read this thing - but I'm sorry just the same :)

Busy 2 weeks here - Owen had his yearly trek to the trout mecca of Steinhatchee Fla this past weekend - and since my brother in law was travelling along he dropped me and the kids in Savannah for the long weekend. Although we had a great time I always feel guilty when we go to Savannah - there is just never enough time for me to do all the things I need and want to do when we go there! So if I missed you I'm very sorry! Come to the Upstate to see me!

We had a field trip today with Hannah's class - went to the Duke Energy Nuclear Power plant outside Seneca, SC - we pass this plant on the way to my sil's Lakehouse on Lake Keowee and today the 4th graders went there to learn all about nuclear energy. Pretty cool trip actually - I'll have to take Owen and Patrick back there.

Easter parties tomorrow - Friday the kids spend the day doing what's called "Art Beat" - they'll spend the day going from station to station learning all about different forms of art. It's a pretty cool day actually. Then Friday night we head to Pigeon Forge, Tenn to spend the beginning of our spring break at Dollywood - don't laugh - it's a pretty cool place. And it's where Hannah chose to go for her spring break - go figure!

Off to put away groceries and get started on some Rice Krispies chicken - if you've never had this you gotta try it - my good friend Amy gave me the recipe. I promise to post it later!

Have a good one!

No comments: